We have been involved in numerous complex cross-border transactions and provide full-service banking advice to international and local borrowers, lenders, arrangers and agents on a wide range of banking and finance areas. We advise, on a continuous basis, major banking and financial institutions on their financial operations in Macau.
Our Banking & Finance practice focuses on:
- Debt financing and Syndicated loan facilities, secured and unsecured; advising on full loan documentation and structuring, often with real estate, corporate and gaming components and securities.
- Macau based securities – advising, drafting and submitting to registration (when applicable) pledge of shares, mortgages, floating charges, assignment of proceeds and receivables, charge of accounts and other collateral instruments.
- Insurance matters – regulatory advice; life, labor and construction insurance regulations; private pension funds; insurance policy financing; assignment of insurance policies; data protection issues.
- Real estate financing – of property acquisitions and development projects, secured primarily on real estate and general banking facilities secured by mortgages over land concessions or real estate and other guarantees.
- Derivatives – ISDA and GMRA involving Macau banks.
- Banking and Investment products – such as custodian agreements, factoring agreements, share financing, trade financing, standard form documents, investment linked products and distribution of structured products in Macau.
- Securitisation – advising on the feasibility of several types of securitization in Macau, including mortgage loans.
- Corporate finance – advising on listings and public offerings, fund raising by listed companies with Macau connections and mergers and acquisitions.
- Regulatory and Compliance – advising on all licensing, regulatory and compliance issues concerning finance and related investment products and services, including assisting in the procedure to obtain the authorization and/or license to provide several types of financial services in Macau before the Macau Monetary Authority, including assisting with the preparation of compliance procedures and attending meetings with the regulators; advising financial institutions on anti-money laundering issues.