Our corporate team assists clients across the full range of corporate and commercial areas, from the investment stage to the day-to-day advisory work. We ensure that clients set up the most efficient corporate structures for their particular business needs and work together with clients on ensuring continuous corporate compliance.
The core areas of our corporate and commercial work include:
- – Foreign Investment – assisting public and private investors entering the Macau market by structuring their vehicles, setting up efficient head office governance and obtaining the regulatory approvals necessary to conduct business;
- – Commercial – our general commercial practice includes advising on all commercial contracts, such as joint-ventures, distribution, agency, outsourcing, software licensing, e-commerce agreements, trade, agency, franchising, labelling, marketing and transport;
- – Corporate Governance – boardroom advice (effectiveness and best practices), directors’ duties and liabilities, decision making process, preparation of general meetings, shareholders agreements, disclosure support, proxy advise.
- – Regulatory and Compliance – anti-trust and competition, risk management strategies, compliance audits and policies implementation, day-to-day and transactional sector advice in highly regulated industries, preparing submissions and designing strategies to deal with authorities, negotiation and regulatory disputes.
- – Capital Management – capital increases and reductions, accordion operations, quasi-capital mechanisms, restructuring of shareholders loans, buy-backs, capital market fundraising and private equity funding;
- – Restructuring and Insolvency – assisting lenders and investors in all steps of pre-insolvency and insolvency stages, providing advise on debt restructuring, distressed asset sales and assisting during insolvency filing and proceedings;
- – Corporate Litigation – our corporate team often works together with our dispute resolution lawyers to assist corporate and commercial disputes.
We also recognize that it is crucial for clients to combine strong technical and transactional skills with specific commercial know-how in their particular industry. Our corporate lawyers work side by side with our firm’s experts in the full range of industry sectors such as construction & engineering, banking, infrastructure, insurance, energy, gaming & hospitality, pharmaceutical & healthcare, real estate, retail, TMT and transportation.